Saturday, September 17, 2011

Sweet Saturday: Chocolate Almond Butter Cup Cookies

Drizzly overcast days are great for spending in the kitchen with a buzzing dehydrator.  I was in the mood for something chocolate and gooey and full of good nutrition.  These cookies were just the thing I needed to make my sweet tooth happy.  Especially when eaten warm from the dehydrator.


Chocolate Almond Butter Cup Cookies

1 cup raw pecans
1 cup raw walnuts
1/4 cup agave or maple syrup
1 Tablespoon melted coconut oil
1/2 cup shredded coconut
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
1 Tablespoon maca powder
2 Tablespoons raw cacao powder
4 medjool dates, pitted

Mix all ingredients in your food processor until well combined and starting to form into a ball.  Drop by tablespoons onto teflex dehydrator sheet.  Make a well in the center of each cookie with your finger.  Fill each cookie with 1/2 teaspoon Almond Butter Filling:

Almond Butter Filling

1/3 cup almond butter
2 Tablespoons agave or maple syrup
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon maca

After all of the cookies are filled with the Almond Butter Filling place the tray in the dehydrator for 2-3 hours or until cookies are warm.  Share with friends.  Make them ooh and ahhhh, then tell them that what they're eating is living nutritious vegan food that will make them feel amazing. 

Hope your Saturday is sweet!

7 comments:

  1. love the idea of just warming the cookies in in the dehydrator. if i EVER get mine set up i'll try this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my goodness nikki these look so good

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG yum! These look so delicious! I really want to get a dehydrator...and a spiralizer...and a million other gadgets :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. These sound delicious and look so super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. they sound heavenly, and i like the new look. very crisp and clean.=)

    ReplyDelete
  6. aah, these look so good! I would love to make these.

    What kind of dehydrator do you have, if you don't mind me asking? I have been hoping to invest in one very soon, but they are so many that I'm kind of stuck on whether to just go for it or not.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi again :)... I have an excalibur 5 tray and I love it. Definitely one of the best investments I've made for my kitchen. It has a timer and adjustable temperature. I would recommend going for it!

    ReplyDelete