Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Eating Out At Prasad & Preparing For October

Is it Wednesday already? I've been busy getting ready for MoFo and Raw Balance, which both start on Saturday, and I'm uber-excited about both events!  Every day in October I'll be posting about Fall Themed High Raw Vegan Food.  There will be something new and yummy every day starting Saturday.   Think pumpkins & apples & Halloween.  Fun!

In the meantime I thought I'd share some delicious high raw vegan meals we enjoyed recently at Prasad.  Prasad is a cafe in a yoga studio in Portland's Pearl District.  It's a happy, healthy, friendly place that serves fresh vegan food, juices, and smoothies. 

BRAVO BOWL (raw)
yam rice, shredded kale, avocado half, walnut taco crumbles & fresh
tomatoes with a side of jalapeno cashew cheese

GANESH BOWL
bhutanese red rice, kale, curry sauce

TRI-DOSHIC 
carrot, beet, celery, ginger, apple, cilantro

Check out the avocado with the Bravo Bowl!  Drooling yet?  Eating at Prasad has inspired me to make Bowls at home.  Veggies + grains + sauce = a great way to use up left-overs and make tasty meals.  And I can't pass up a juice that includes beets.  I have a weakness for pretty food.  

I hope you're having a lovely week.  The next few days are the calm before the storm around here.  See you for MoFo awesomeness on Saturday morning!!!!

14 comments:

  1. I'm super into making bowls! We have a place in my little city that makes these amazing rice bowls with fresh, crunchy veggies, some sort of protein and an amazing sauce. It's one of our staple meals when we don't know what to make.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool! We have some good bowl places here too. Amazing sauce is key.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am excited to read your Fall raw posts...needing warmth and filling food are a big barrier for me & raw during the colder months.

    ReplyDelete
  4. now i'm inspired to make bowls too. yum!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The cold barrier happened to me last winter and I'm determined to get creative and stay as high raw as possible through the cold months. Warming spices and my dehydrator will keep me cozy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. ahhh that food looks so good. looking forward to your mofo posts!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You know I'm drooling! Cant wait for your Mofo posts!

    ReplyDelete
  8. jess @ cupcakes and kaleSeptember 29, 2011 at 10:49 AM

    oh, i'm all over that ganesh bowl - looks so yummy! looking forward to your mofo inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  9. And I'm looking forward to yours!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks so delicious n tempting..
    first time here...love your space..
    very interesting posts..
    Am your happy follower now..:)
    do stop by mine sometime..
    Tasty Appetite

    ReplyDelete
  11. ah man I thought there where going to be reciepes ... looks/sound outstanding.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Amazing!!! Love ALL of it!!! oxoox

    ReplyDelete