Thursday, October 6, 2011

Vegan MoFo #6: Sesame Pumpkin Seed Spread


Here's a quick and easy treat to get you through the end of the week.  In keeping with the Fall spirit of my Vegan MoFo theme I've whipped up a batch of Sesame Pumpkin Seed Spread.  You'll need a food processor for this recipe.

Sesame Pumpkin Seed Spread

1 cup pumpkin seeds (soaked)
1 tablespoon miso
1 tablespoon tahini
1 tablespoon sesame oil
1 teaspoon agave
1/8 teaspoon sea salt
1/8 teaspoon paprika
3 tablespoons water

Blend all ingredients in food processor until smooth.

This spread was especially delicious with my Carrot Flax Crackers, which I have to make more of today because they're already GONE.  It would also be perfect with veggie sticks, on a salad, as a sandwich spread, or wrapped up in a collard leaf. 

My weekend starts today, so I'll be able to catch up on some of the MoFo action.  I feel like I've missed out on a lot of the MoFo fun the past few days.  Oh well, I only have somewhere around 2,100 posts to peruse so far. MoFo party on my laptop today!

6 comments:

  1. I just wing it for plain flax crackers. Usually use about 2 cups of flax seeds and enough water to make it spreadable, and some seasoning, then dehydrate until crispy. I tend to forget about things in the dehydrator for a few days, but for crackers it usually takes at least 24 hours to make sure they're super crispy. Sometimes I leave the flax whole, sometimes I grind it, and sometimes do a mixture of both. You really can't go wrong :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cool! Who would've thought, a spread made from pumpkin seeds? Delish!

    ReplyDelete
  3. your spread looks so creamy and delicious! i must make this, and i already have all the ingredients ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yum, that looks delicious & I already have all of the ingredients.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks so good! Love your new header!

    ReplyDelete