Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Lunchbox: Kale Slaw & Collard Wraps

When I make food to-go I pack A LOT.  Maybe the habit stems from my previous career in the food-making industry, but I can't just make a little food, ever.  Lately that means I've had lots of kale and greens. 
From top to bottom:  Tangy Garlic Lemon Cashew Cream Sauce, Rosemary-Beet Collard Wraps, Sweet Miso Kale Slaw. 


The collard wraps are soooo filling and really nice to have on hand for snacks and meals. And the kale slaw only got better as it marinated.  And all of this stayed fresh for about 3 days in a sealed container.  Preparing food ahead of time for my work week is really helpful because sometimes I only have a few hours in between shifts.  And you know I'm sleepin', not de-stemming the kale on those nights!

I'm off to work this morning, so this has to be a quickie-post, but I'll post the recipes for the Sweet Miso Kale Slaw & Tangy Lemon Garlic Cashew Cream Sauce this weekend so you can have it for a picnic or lunch next week.

Happy Tuesday!

7 comments:

  1. Great lunCh! That dressing looks so creamy! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! It is SUPER creamy and tangy and versatile, I have many plans for it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i'm jealous of your lunch. for real :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Nikki!!
    Your lunch sounds amazing..yum!!
    Glad to see you back in the blogging world and love the new look:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mmmm, Collard wrap....nice filling snack! Yum

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay, Melissa! Long time no see. Hope you're doing well.

    Caitlin & Pete, Thanks for stopping by :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. so where are the recipes?

    ReplyDelete